Thursday, June 6, 2013

#16 expertise

I might not be an expert physically, but I am an expert mentally. I know a lot about soccer, because my boyfriend never stops talking about it. He always has something new to tell me, and I find it very interesting. Soccer is a very known sport, and is hated on by all those who cant play it. It takes a certain set of skills to play it.

You have to be agile and know how to move your feet to get past your defender. You also need to know how to shoot the ball to make it go in where you want it too. This is where many people get confused, because it takes a certain touch to make the ball curve and to place it right.

There are many positions in soccer. There is eleven to be exact. Here are the basics you have your defense, your mid-field, and your offense. Most importantly you have your keeper. Soccer like anyother sport is a sport with many rules and three referees. One main ref in the field and two sideline refs who usually help with offsides and fouls committed.

 A official soccer game is 90 minutes long with a fifteen minute half. Only three substitutions and no time outs. Posistions can get much more complex depending on the role that you play in the team. If you are only a finisher who scores the goals you are a striker. If you are a more versitile player you are a mid-fielder which makes you control the pace of your team. If you are a good anticipater you are nore of a defender because you can see where the opponet is going and stop them. These are some of the few things that I have been taught about soccer and something I consider myself good at.

No comments:

Post a Comment